Monday, October 21, 2013

Two Things Concerning Miscarriage

 Grave for Baby Blue
1. In August of 2012, I had my first miscarriage. I was 12 weeks along. As with most early miscarriages, the cause was never quite clear. We had hoped to leave our first ultrasound appointment in giddy anticipation; instead, we left in shock and sadness. Jared and I wrestled with the truth that God is sovereign and in control over every detail of our lives.  Eventually, wrestling brought rest and we found great comfort in the Lord's promises. We learned to give thanks even in the stormWhat a loving and compassionate God we serve! 
I found myself pregnant again in late October and this time, the ultrasound screen showed a perfectly formed little baby- our precious baby we lovingly called "Blue". However, Blue's tiny flickering heartbeat could not be found and in January of 2013, I miscarried our second little one. Once again, Jared and I grieved our loss and disappointment...we leaned on each other and the Lord.  Once again, His faithfulness sustained and carried us. 
After my last miscarriage, my mom and I began researching possible causes and treatment (most clinical testing does not begin until after a person has had three miscarriages). Our research brought us to this website. I started using Dr. John Lee's progesterone which I believe has played an instrumental role in the stability of my 3rd pregnancy.  Ultimately, it is only God who determines the beginning and end of every life...He is sovereign; we trust our baby to His care! He is worthy of our trust.

2. If you are going through a miscarriage or if you know someone that is facing a miscarriage, I would love to be in touch with you. The death of an unborn baby can be  difficult to process. Many couples struggle to know how to handle the loss because while they never really "knew" the little person growing within, there is a deep and unique grief over never getting chance to know the little person within. All the excited planning, dreaming, and gathering information on everything pregnancy-related suddenly comes to an abrupt end. The overwhelming joy one has from carrying life within her is snuffed out when she is faced with the hard truth that she is now carrying the dismal opposite.  Many women need surgery or medication. Others wait weeks for their body to trigger the miscarriage naturally. Furthermore, they are faced with the daunting question: "Will I ever be able to bear a child?"   

I would love to offer support, extend a listening ear, or help provide answers to questions you may have concerning the miscarriage process. Obviously, my knowledge is limited to my own personal experience, but sometimes, it helps to just know that you are not aloneMost important,  I want to comfort you with the comfort I have received through Christ (2 Corinthians 1:3-5).  There are a few small gifts I would like to send you so please include an address in your message. You can send your message to deckerswife11@gmail.com. 


                     "Open my Hands" by Sara Groves ministered to me throughout my miscarriages 

He is faithful, ya'll...
~Charity~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Love this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thank you for reading! Sara Groves is my favorite. Love all her songs!

      Delete