Tuesday, March 25, 2014

9 Months in Review: Letters to Emmaline

19 Weeks

I was sitting on the couch feeling slight little movements and told Jared that you were awake- so he came and placed his hand on my stomach and started talking to you. Within seconds you gave the most powerful kick you had ever done. Your daddy jumped back in shock and sheer delight. We laughed and kissed and thanked God for this moment. 
21 Weeks

Today we found out that you were a little girl! We went to the dr for our ultrasound and asked her to keep your gender a secret. We enjoyed watching you wiggle in front of the camera. Then we took the piece of paper with your gender on it to Harris Teeter and had them fill up a box of balloons for us. We had a party over at Da and Honey’s house to announce your gender. Everyone was so happy and excited and we were especialy surprised because we had thought quite certain we were having a boy. We couldn’t be happier that you are a little girl- our precious Emmaline Joy.

25 Weeks

You have always been a wiggle worm, but this past week has been your most ACTIVE week so far! Your kicks and punches have gotten stronger too and sometimes startle me. Daddy puts your hand on my belly during church and smiles. He tells you how much he loves you and asks you to come out and play with him. I have been staying active in the gym and working out an hour each day.  My belly is growing a lot now!


29 Weeks

I have not had many strong cravings although my new favorite food is applesauce! I love anything apple-y.  I have been reading a ton of books on natural childbirth- my favorite so far has been Natural Childbirth in a Hospital. I pray to God that I can give you the best birth possible and that you will be cooperative ;0) Most of all, I pray that you are healthy and for you to love Jesus with all your heart. 

30 Weeks

You got the hiccups for the first time at 31 weeks! Aunt B and I enjoyed listening to how cute you soundedJ Daddy still has to hear you! I had my first Lamaze class today! Daddy couldn’t make it to this class but he’ll come next week

32 Weeks

Over Christmas, your Grandmommy and I went shopping for all of your first year clothes. We got you so many cute outfits for such a good deal. Daddy also read the Christmas story to you on Christmas Eve. He put his hand on my belly and you wiggled and squirmed when he read Glory to God in the Highest!

33.5 Weeks

36 Weeks

 I can’t believe you are almost here! I dream about that first little kiss I get to plant on your cheek. Daddy and I can’t wait to cuddle you and tell you how much we love you.  You are moving very consistently and that helps keep me from getting worried about you- so keep it up! 

37 Weeks

38 Weeks

I have really been feeling great lately. Yesterday  I took Honey’s cycle class and today I walked at the stadium with Daddy. I’ve been eating lots of pineapple, spicey food, red raspberry leaf tea, and figs. I’ve been going to a chirorpracter every week which I think has been a HUGE help in keeping things comfortable during this last trimester.  What more does a mama have to do to get her little girl to come out?!


39.5 Weeks


Emmaline! You can come out now, my little Spring Chicken! It’s yours and mama’s birthday month. March is a great time to be born. I’m sitting here on my bouncy ball with the back door wide open and Daddy is out reading and listening to a sermon on the porch. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and we are SO ready to hold and kiss you! 


1 Week!

My precious little girl, your daddy and I love you more than you could ever know. You have overwhelmed our hearts with joy and thankfulness. "Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of His name; make His praise glorious! Say to God, "How awesome are Your deeds!" Come and see what God has done, how awesome His works in man's behalf!" Psalm 66 

3 comments:

  1. So sweet, Charity! I am so happy for all of you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! And you do not look like someone who just had a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You two ladies are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this sweet post. Love it.

    ReplyDelete